- 1 August 2021
Adolescent girls consultations toolkit
- Author: Nafissatou Faye, Sugirtha Vasavithasan
- Published by: Plan International, Plan International Canada
The Adolescent Girls Consultations Toolkit aims to providing practical tools and tips for consulting with diverse adolescent girls, their families and their communities, for any type of programming. It is intended to lay a foundation to build a common understanding and coordinated approach to creating a participatory space to engage adolescents and adults in all their diversity and other key stakeholders on the aspirations, challenges, needs and priorities of adolescent girls and young women.
It includes three main components covering the entire consultations process:
- general tips and techniques for preparing for consultations with adolescent girls, including adapting tools
- guidance on managing the consultation process, including managing inputs and facilitating team de-briefs
- a general overview of the data processing and analysis phase, as well as an initial community share-back process.
The toolkit is primarily intended to support development practitioners, government, civil society, technical staff (e.g., gender equality, education, health, protection, economic empowerment, monitoring and evaluation), as well as programme and business development managers responsible for or supporting primary data collection and analysis exercises. The toolkit can be adapted for use in different contexts and during different processes, including programme design, intersectional gender assessment as well as other sector assessments, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and research processes.
1 December 2021
1 February 2021
16 November 2020