- 20 September 2018
This blog post from UNICEF summarises thinking from a recent workshop on gender norms and social protection, convened by ODI, GAGE, ALIGN and UCL. The workshop asked:
- How can a ‘gender-norms lens’ be integrated in the existing social protection policy and programming?
- Can a gender norms lens help advance a gender responsive social protection agenda?
- Is social protection really the best mechanism to address social and gender norms?
- Is it cost effective to influence gender norms through social protection?
- What are the trade-offs of addressing (or not) gender norms through social protection programming?